Saturday, August 17, 2013

Rialto: Two Killed, Two Children Injured in Road Rage Crash... Aug. 13, 2013 By John Asbury

RIALTO: Two killed, two children injured in road rage crash

A car hit a brick wall and a tree off Cactus Avenue in Rialto early Thursday, Aug. 15, killing two adults and critically injuring two children in what police described as a road-rage crash. (JOHN ASBURY/STAFF PHOTO)
A car hit a brick wall and a tree off Cactus Avenue in Rialto early Thursday, Aug. 15, killing two adults and critically injuring two children in what police described as a road-rage crash. (JOHN ASBURY/STAFF PHOTO)


A man and woman were killed and two children in their backseat were critically injured early Thursday, Aug. 15, when the woman slammed into a tree just after causing another road-rage crash, Rialto police said.

Witnesses told police the road rage incident began about 12:15 a.m. on Highway 210 and Cactus Avenue with the suspect in a 1999 Honda was driving recklessly and aggressively toward another driver, said Rialto police Capt. Randy De Anda.

The driver of the Honda, later identified as Yvette Pulido, 31, of Fontana,  collided with the other car near the Metrolink tracks  on Cactus Avenue, then sped away, De Anda said. No one was injured. Police considered that crash an assault with a deadly weapon, De Anda said.
About three or four blocks away, police believe Pulido’s car lost control and hit a tree and a brick wall.

Rialto firefighters found Pulido and her front passenger, Martin Serrano, 32, of Bloomington, dead at the scene of the 12:20 a.m. crash.

CRIME BLOTTER: Two killed, two children injured in Rialto road rage crash

Firefighters had to use the jaws of life to cut the roof and door off the car, then remove the front seats to free the two boys, ages 6 and 1, Rialto Firefighter-Paramedic Matt Payne said.

The baby was found in a car seat, Payne said.

The 6-year-old broke both legs and the baby suffered multiple lacerations. They were taken to Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital in serious condition.

Rialto police have not determined what sparked the road rage or whether Pulido was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, De Anda said.

The victims of the first road rage crash are not suspected of any wrongdoing, he said.
By Thursday morning, the brick wall had been boarded up, but remnants of the crash remained. Skid marks in the street showed where the car veered off the street and over a sidewalk.

Remnants of the car remained, including a perfume bottle, baby wipes and an emergency “do not resuscitate” pamphlet for a relative.

Serrano’s relatives said at a Bloomington apartment that they were too distraught to comment.
Serrano pleaded guilty to spousal abuse in 2009. He pleaded guilty in 2010 to conspiracy to commit a crime in exchange for a gang charge to be dismissed, according to court records.

Pulido was cited four times since 2001, and as recently as 2011, for failure to properly restrain children in the car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROAD RAGE, seems to be alive and well, especially in Rialto.. I was driving in Mira Loma the other day, when I came to a four way stop, it seemed that everyone there was so curious that nobody was willing to go through the Intersection.. However the other day in Rialto I was Driving N/B on Sycamore, at Etiwanda, intending to turn Left, W/B onto Etiwanda Ave. Well it was my right of way I was at the intersection first, I had my L/Turn Signal activated prior to stopping at the intersection.. there was a small White care S/B on Sycamore driven my a Black Female Adult.. well as I pulled forward and started to make my Left Turn, the woman in the White Care proceeded into the Intersection and Violated my Right of Way.. she then swerved away from me as I was crossing her path of travel,.. I stopped as to avoid a collision with this woman, she yelled out at me as if it was my fault, However I was left with the last word and I have to say it wasn't to nice.. by either one of us... Road Rage made this woman think that she was entitled to violate my Right of way and then call me names for almost hitting her, when she violated my Right of way and made a huge scene.. the only thing that I can say is that I have a feeling that if she was stopped, that she would have been driving under the Influence of a Controlled Substance or Alcohol.. Just Saying... There needs to be some chill Pill issued to the Rialto Drivers...